Here at CS we like to get to know you, we welcome the opportunity to provide you with the latest industry information, keeping you on top of your game, that’s why we offer free CPD seminars at your practice.
Last year, many architects and building engineers attended our free seminars at their own offices throughout the UK. Participants earn continuing professional development (CPD) points for attending and have the opportunity to ask as many questions as possible.
If you’re interested in adding a CPD point to your record – or you’re simply keen to gain insights into the latest industry information, please get in touch and we will arrange a booking.
Here’s an overview of our current portfolio of CPD presentations:
A Breath of Fresh Air: The Design and Selection of Performance Louvres
The main focus of this CPD presentation is for the attendee to gain an understanding of why Louvres are required and how to specify the right Louvre for the building.
- What performance louvres are and why they are needed
- How louvres are constructed
- BS EN 13030 test methods for louvres
- Understanding louvre classifications
- How to select & size louvre to meet the building’s needs
- How to specify louvres
The ABCs of EJCs: Understanding and Solving Building Movement Problems
The main focus of this CPD presentation is for the attendee to gain an understanding of how to specify the right expansion joint cover for the building’s use. Details below
- Types of building movement
- What expansion joint covers are
- Ways of expressing anticipated movement
- Factors influencing expansion joint cover specification
- Overview of joint cover types
- Fire, moisture and acoustic barriers
Design with the Elements in Mind: Specifying Entrance Flooring Systems
This presentation aims to explain the benefits of using entrance flooring systems, it discusses design considerations to help architects specify the most effective entrance matting systems. The zonal approach to entrance matting and its benefits are also discussed. The presentation with help you understand:
- The benefits of entrance flooring systems and the main types of matting systems available
- How to stay compliant with current legislation
- How to design effective entrance flooring systems, plus design options including colours and finishes
- Gain awareness of end user requirements for entrance matting
All our presentations qualify for one hour of CPD and include a question and answer session.
Our seminars can be organised to suit your working day – for example during the lunch time period or at the end of the day.
If you would like more information on our CPD services, please contact us direct on email@example.com or +44(0)1296 652800 and we will be pleased to assist you.